(If you turn your house upside down, your contents is everything that falls into the roof space!)
Contents Insurance Facts
1 in 4 households under estimate the value of their possessions.
1 in 5 has no home contents insurance
6.8 Million British households under insured
£200,000,0000 of home contents at risk
Recent VAT rise means a further 2.5% on the value of contents
The average household has:
£4000 of furniture
£3000 Electrical Items
£2000 White Goods
£1000 of Curtains
£1200 in Garage and Garden
The average working persons wardrobe is worth £10,000
- Insurable Risks
- Fire, Smoke, Explosion, Lightning, Earthquake
- Riots, Civil Commotion, labour and political disturbances or strikes
- Malicious Damage or Vandalism and Theft or Attempted theft (if occurs at night when in bed must have locked all external door locks and bolts and windows in unoccupied rooms)
- Storm or Flood
- Impact from a vehicle, train, aircraft, falling tree etc
- Subsidence and heave
- Escape of oil or water (£200 Excess applies)
- Theft/Attempted Theft
Contents Cover in the Home
- Contents Insurance repairs or replaces your property as new
- Up to £40,000 or £60,000 of cover
- Most we will pay for any single item is £5,000 unless specified on certificate
- If you specify it we will cover up to £15,000
- This doesn’t apply to valuables
- The most we will pay for valuables is £2,000 unless specified
- If you specify it we will cover it up to £15,000
- Contents only PH aren’t covered for items left in car or caravan
What are they?
Articles of personal use , usually worn or carried
- Clothing, baggage, articles of personal use, normally carried or worn by you/family.
- Gold & Silver, Jewellery, Glasses, Binoculars, Mobile Phones, pedal cycles, cameras, sports equipment.
- Covered in home, outside home and during travel worldwide for up to 60 days
- We offer up to £10,000 of cover
- Or £15,000 if extra selected
Personal Possessions Limits
- £250 for mobile phones replacement unless specified (proof of purchase)
- £250 for spectacles
- £250 Keys
- £250 for Money
- £500 Credit Cards
- £500 Pedal Cycles
Must be locked up , not left unattended in public overnight. Are covered to SI in home to SAL £5000.
- £1000 for items left in a motor vehicle
- £1500 pre item for jewellery, watches, gold & Silver items unless specified (We need a receipt/valuation at claim)
- We deduct for wear and tear for clothing
- Contact lenses excluded
- Musical Instruments are excluded.
Excesses and No Claims Bonus
- £50 - £500 Options
- £50, £100, £150, £250, £500
- Default is £100
- Most Internet Insurers have £200 excess and voluntary on top
- Escape of Water Excess £200
- Subsidence £1000
- Up to maximum of 5 years (30%) no claims discount
- 2 years Introductory discount (15%) for FTB of B&C
- Lose 2 years if you claim and that’s immediate as monthly renewable policy.
- Can be transferred from other insurers
Gadgets …. How much cover on offer..
- Laptops –Covered up to SI
- Mobiles – Only covered in Personal Possessions.
- I Pads – In home are covered, outside needs PP cover.
- Cameras – covered under contents in home, away from home cover needs PP cover.
Benefits of Versatile Buildings Cover
Versatile Building Insurance policy is a high quality policy thats covers the costs of restoring damage caused to the insured building and agreed accommodation expenses,until the property is restored to normal living conditions,up to the cost of £300,000.
- Covers properties with up to 6 bedrooms.
- Covers loss or theft of keys
- Covers loss or damage to plants,shrubs and tress in the garden,up to £2,000
- Your cover is unaffected if you leave your home unoccupied for up to 60 days
- Covers the cost of alternative accommodation in the event that your house is Unfit to live in..
Buildings Extra Cover:
Buildings Cover can be increased up to maximum sum insured of £500,000. It is also available for 7 and 8 bedroom properties.
Benefits of Versatile Contents Cover
Versatile Contents Insurance policy is a high quality policy that covers the costs of loss or damage caused by a wide range of events fire,smoke amage,malicious damage,storms,floods,subsidence,theft ,escape of water and vandalism up to the cost of £50,000.
- Covers theft of contents from your outbuildings up to £2,500.
- Covers business equipment if you or your family work from home
- Covers cost of replacing food in your freezer that has been spoilt by an accidental change in temperature in your freezer
- Replacement items are settled on a new for old basis
- Your cover is unaafected if you leave your home unoccupied for up to 60 days.
Contents Extra Cover:
The Extra option gives the facility to increase the contents Cover up to maximum sum insured of £75,000
The sale of General insurance is regulated by the Financial Services Authority. This regulation requires us to give you certain information about us: Versatile Cover is an appointed representative of ITC Compliance Limited who are regulated by the Financial Services Authority and we are able to provide an information based service. We are unable to offer you advice, personal opinion or tell you what we think is best for your needs. We can however, provide information to help you make your own informed decision as to whether the policy is suitable for you.
Versatile Cover is an appointed representative of ITC Compliance Limited who are regulated by the Financial Services Authority. See www.fsa.gov.uk/register for further details.
Power By Alpha Webdesign