How we Settle Buildings Claims
- Our insurers RSA deal with all B&C claims direct
- RSA pay for reasonable costs of repair, agreed fees & related costs.
- All buildings repairs carried out by our approved contractors are guaranteed for 12 months.
- Buildings insurance reinstates following a claim.
How we settle contents claims – replace or repair?
- If damaged & can be economically repaired we will either arrange the repair or authorise the repair by you and will pay the cost of the repair
- Otherwise we will replace the item with a new one of one of similar quality through OUR preferred suppliers
- Or occasionally pay the cost of a new item of similar quality
New for Old cover
Weather Related Claims
How good is your insurer?
Frozen pipes Burst:
- Resulting in escape of water and the clients are on holiday
- Covered as long as property not unoccupied for 60 days or more
What if home is uninhabitable?
- We pay for agreed accommodation expenses until home is restored to normal living conditions and costs for pets living with them.
Claims Examples – UK Hit by floods
- R&SA claims team were amongst the first insurers on the scene
- Less than 24 hours after the floods struck, senior claims managers were in all affected areas
- R&SA sought to pro-actively identify every one of our customers affected
- Emergency payments were made directly into bank accounts
- RAF Hangers hired to house and dry off affected contents
- Opening hours extended whilst extra staff were drafted in to help with calls
“Had it not been for RSA, I really don’t think my mum would have survived”
- Aged 85, being rescued by emergency services by boat was an ordeal in itself. But losing her home and virtually all her life’s possessions due to flooding was devastating for one lifelong Cockermouth resident. Until an RSA household claim specialist waded in.
- Recognising the potential shattering consequences a trauma of this scale might bring, RSA adopted the approach of treating this lady as if she were their grandmother. Meeting with family members, also coming to terms with having their property severely flooded, RSA clearly outlined the process and potential timescales.
- Stripping the entire bungalow back to bricks, a necessity since the property had been sat in deep water, usually takes the best part of a year. Realising this wasn’t an option at this stage of this policyholders’ life, RSA pulled in expertise from building project management firm Ellipta. The property is on schedule to be returned to its full glory within six months.
Benefits of Versatile Buildings Cover
Versatile Building Insurance policy is a high quality policy thats covers the costs of restoring damage caused to the insured building and agreed accommodation expenses,until the property is restored to normal living conditions,up to the cost of £300,000.
- Covers properties with up to 6 bedrooms.
- Covers loss or theft of keys
- Covers loss or damage to plants,shrubs and tress in the garden,up to £2,000
- Your cover is unaffected if you leave your home unoccupied for up to 60 days
- Covers the cost of alternative accommodation in the event that your house is Unfit to live in..
Buildings Extra Cover:
Buildings Cover can be increased up to maximum sum insured of £500,000. It is also available for 7 and 8 bedroom properties.
Benefits of Versatile Contents Cover
Versatile Contents Insurance policy is a high quality policy that covers the costs of loss or damage caused by a wide range of events fire,smoke amage,malicious damage,storms,floods,subsidence,theft ,escape of water and vandalism up to the cost of £50,000.
- Covers theft of contents from your outbuildings up to £2,500.
- Covers business equipment if you or your family work from home
- Covers cost of replacing food in your freezer that has been spoilt by an accidental change in temperature in your freezer
- Replacement items are settled on a new for old basis
- Your cover is unaafected if you leave your home unoccupied for up to 60 days.
Contents Extra Cover:
The Extra option gives the facility to increase the contents Cover up to maximum sum insured of £75,000
The sale of General insurance is regulated by the Financial Services Authority. This regulation requires us to give you certain information about us: Versatile Cover is an appointed representative of ITC Compliance Limited who are regulated by the Financial Services Authority and we are able to provide an information based service. We are unable to offer you advice, personal opinion or tell you what we think is best for your needs. We can however, provide information to help you make your own informed decision as to whether the policy is suitable for you.
Versatile Cover is an appointed representative of ITC Compliance Limited who are regulated by the Financial Services Authority. See www.fsa.gov.uk/register for further details.
Power By Alpha Webdesign