A) Home Emergency
What is a Home Emergency?
A sudden event that was not expected which needs immediate
- Make your home safe or secure
- Avoid damage or more damage to your home
- Make your home fit to live in
- Restore electricity, gas or water services to your home if they have totally failed
What is covered?
- A home emergency that the insured reports to DAS
- £500 (including VAT) for any one claim towards the cost of:
- A qualified person selected by DAS to deal with the home emergency, in respect of the call out charge, labour and any materials that are necessary.
- Plus up to £100 towards alternative accommodation if the property becomes uninhabitable.
- When the insured telephones the home emergency helpline DAS will arrange to deal with the emergency by choosing a qualified person to come to your home and carry out any repairs that are necessary.
- We will be on site within 2 hours of reporting an emergency. However, for all gas emergencies, this is a next day service. This service for heating/plumbing requires a Corgi registered engineer, which is why DAS do not say they will attend within 2 hours.
All this for just £2.52 per month in year one
What is not covered?
- Any event which occurred before the start date
- Anything which is not sudden and which occurs gradually
- Any claim if the property is unoccupied more than 60 days
- Any loss where DAS were not contacted to arrange repairs
- Exclusions listed under Section I – Home Emergency cover of the policy terms and conditions
Home Emergency Examples
Plumbing and Drainage Examples
- Policyholder contacted DAS as they came home to find water gushing from a manhole cover on their drive.
A contractor was sent to look at the problem. A damaged pipe was found which was causing the problem. After undertaking emergency repairs to the pipes, the flow was restored.
- Policyholder came home after work to find sewage seeping from a drain in his back garden. As the sewage was creeping towards the house, he called DAS for help.
A drain specialist was sent, who unblocked the drain and the flow was restored.
Plumbing and Drainage Examples (cont’d)
- Policyholder called DAS as he had found a leak in his loft and he couldn’t work out where the leak was coming from.
DAS sent a plumber to help and who established that the leak was coming from the water tank within the loft. This had split. Emergency repairs were made and water restored to the Insured’s home.
- DAS were called one morning as the Policyholder had found a leak in the bathroom. Every time he tried to remove the plug from the sink water flooded across the floor.
A plumber was sent who found there was damage to the waste water pipe and fitted a new pipe to resolve the emergency.
Main Heating System Examples
- A Policyholder woke up to a cold house with no hot water. The boiler would not work, so called DAS for assistance.
- Upon investigation the contractor found that there was a leak from the pump valve which had burnt out the motor. The pump was replaced and the boiler restored to working order.
- A Policyholder arrived home with her young children to find no heating or hot water in the home. She called DAS as she did not know what the problem was.
DAS sent an engineer who found the pilot light was causing the problem and undertook emergency repairs that got the boiler working again.
Domestic Power Supply Examples
- Policyholder had put some pictures up in his living room and accidentally hammered a tack into an electric cable. He turned off the power supply and called DAS.
An electrician was sent who made the power supply safe before restoring power to the Insured’s home.
- Policyholder rang DAS on a Friday evening as he was having problems with the oven and hob. Neither worked and there were no other cooking facilities in the home.
A contractor was sent who identified the problem and resolved it ensuring that the Insured was not without cooking facilities all weekend.
Toilet Damage Examples
- Policyholder with only one toilet in the house and small children was having trouble flushing the toilet and the overflow was beginning to leak over the roof of the conservatory so called DAS.
A plumber was sent who found there was a problem with the ball cock mechanism within the toilet unit itself. He replaced the valve unit ensuring the toilet was working properly once again.
- Policyholder called DAS in the evening as they had started to have problems with their only toilet which had become blocked.
A plumber was sent to the home and unblocked the unit.
Home Security Examples
- A Policyholder called DAS following an attempted break in into the home when the glass in the back door had been smashed.
DAS sent a glazier who took out the remaining glass and boarded up the door making the property safe.
- A Policyholder contacted DAS as they had a problem with the locking mechanism on the front door. It was getting late and they couldn’t get the lock to fit properly or the door to shut.
Since the security of the property was compromised DAS despatched a locksmith who made the property secure until a replacement lock could be fitted the next day.
Roof Damage Examples
- An anxious Policyholder called DAS early one morning following a terrible storm the previous night. Tiles were missing from the roof which was allowing water to come into the property.
DAS sent a roofer who undertook emergency repairs to the roof, making the property safe and dry.
- DAS received a call from a Policyholder who had found a leak in their conservatory roof. The conservatory was an extension of the kitchen and the leak was near to the boiler.
DAS sent a contractor immediately and repairs were made to the roof to make it safe and prevent damage to the boiler.
B) Legal Expenses Cover
Legal Expenses cover provides protection against the cost of negotiating or defending the policyholder’s legal rights up to £50,000 per insured incident, including:
- Bodily Injury
- Contract Disputes
- Employment Disputes
- Property Protection
- Legal Defence
- Tax Protection
It can be used by the Policy holder and family living with them.
Benefits of Versatile Buildings Cover
Versatile Building Insurance policy is a high quality policy thats covers the costs of restoring damage caused to the insured building and agreed accommodation expenses,until the property is restored to normal living conditions,up to the cost of £300,000.
- Covers properties with up to 6 bedrooms.
- Covers loss or theft of keys
- Covers loss or damage to plants,shrubs and tress in the garden,up to £2,000
- Your cover is unaffected if you leave your home unoccupied for up to 60 days
- Covers the cost of alternative accommodation in the event that your house is Unfit to live in..
Buildings Extra Cover:
Buildings Cover can be increased up to maximum sum insured of £500,000. It is also available for 7 and 8 bedroom properties.
Benefits of Versatile Contents Cover
Versatile Contents Insurance policy is a high quality policy that covers the costs of loss or damage caused by a wide range of events fire,smoke amage,malicious damage,storms,floods,subsidence,theft ,escape of water and vandalism up to the cost of £50,000.
- Covers theft of contents from your outbuildings up to £2,500.
- Covers business equipment if you or your family work from home
- Covers cost of replacing food in your freezer that has been spoilt by an accidental change in temperature in your freezer
- Replacement items are settled on a new for old basis
- Your cover is unaafected if you leave your home unoccupied for up to 60 days.
Contents Extra Cover:
The Extra option gives the facility to increase the contents Cover up to maximum sum insured of £75,000
The sale of General insurance is regulated by the Financial Services Authority. This regulation requires us to give you certain information about us: Versatile Cover is an appointed representative of ITC Compliance Limited who are regulated by the Financial Services Authority and we are able to provide an information based service. We are unable to offer you advice, personal opinion or tell you what we think is best for your needs. We can however, provide information to help you make your own informed decision as to whether the policy is suitable for you.
Versatile Cover is an appointed representative of ITC Compliance Limited who are regulated by the Financial Services Authority. See www.fsa.gov.uk/register for further details.
Power By Alpha Webdesign